The Dangers of a Open Relationship
A try with all the positives, it makes sense that more and more people are giving open relationships, swinging, and polyamory. However it canвЂ™t be all amazing intercourse and individual freedom, did it? Sadly, non-monogamous relationships do possess some downsides.
A lot of things could happen if youвЂ™re currently in a committed monogamous relationship and decide to вЂњopenвЂќ that relationship to the possibility of other sexual and/or romantic partners
- You or your lover could experience envy or jealousy
- You could feel anxiety about juggling relationships or satisfying numerous partnerвЂ™s needs
- Certainly one of you might love the knowledge whilst the other hates it, which may trigger resentment or a breakup
- If boundaries arenвЂ™t obviously defined cheating or betrayals of trust may appear
- If an individual or the two of you donвЂ™t training safe intercourse, you enhance your likelihood of contracting an STI
- You or your lover may feel more satisfied by some other person, ultimately causing a breakup
The majority of the negativity you experience may come from monogamous people who donвЂ™t understand your decision while these are all possibilities.
вЂњI want individuals would recognize that non-monogamy will not mean promiscuity, anxiety about dedication or greed,вЂќ claims Brandon. Read more